Immune Boosting Tea: A Recipe For Postpartum Healing
Hesitant to try any immune boosting tea postpartum?
Unsure if they include any herbs that will adversely affect you or your newborn?
Look no further.
Drinking this tea will not only safeguard your immune system, it will also improve your appetite, digestion, as well as aid in producing digestible breast milk.
Not to mention it’s SO soothing and yummy. You will feel better just drinking it.
Immune Boosting Tea
- 1 tbsp tulsi (holy basil) leaves or powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds or pods
- 1/2 tsp clove buds
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh grated turmeric root
- 1 tsp licorice powder
- honey to taste (optional)
- 6 Cups water
- Add all ingredients to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes
- Strain, add optional honey and serve hot.