Looking for a postpartum tea recipe that will help heal your womb after birth? Look no further. This earthy tea has many healing benefits, and consequently has been a staple in the postnatal Ayurvedic pharmacopia since ancient times.
Dashamula is a traditional Ayurvedic formula that specifically removes excess vata from the the pelvic region of the body. Perfect for postpartum healing, it moves energy downward and helps gently release toxins from the body.
Some other important benefits include:
- relieving gas and constipation
- nourishing the tissues of the uterus
- soothing the nervous system
- creating a calming effect on the mind
Drinking this postpartum tea grounds and warms your entire system. My mama clients look forward to it every morning, and I hope you will too!
What Herbs Are In Dashamula?
Dashamula, translated as “ten roots”, is a traditional herbal formula made up of – you guessed it – the roots of ten different healing plants:
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Agnimantha (Premna integrifolia)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Kashmari (Gmelina arborea)
- Bruhati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prushniparni (Uraria picta)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
These plants work together in a synergistic way to create a beautiful formula for postnatal rejuvenation.
Receive your FREE Postnatal Healing Recipes eBook now!
Ensure a strong recovery and breast milk supply with this transformative cookbook!
~VEGETARIAN & GLUTEN-FREE~
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Postpartum Tea For Womb Healing
- 2 tsp Dashamula (cut & sifted is preferable)
- 2 cups Water
- Boil 2 cups of water and add dashamula herbs.
- Boil down to 1/2 cup.
- Take off heat and strain.
- Drink 1/4 cup in the morning and 1/4 cup in the evening.
- Refrigerate unused portion and reheat.
- Make fresh daily for 42 days after birth.
Dashamula photo credit: Banyan Botanicals
Know someone who would benefit from this recipe? Click on the social share tabs and SHARE the love!
Based on the principles of Ayurveda, Mama’s Menu will guide you step-by-step through each phase of your postpartum recovery with carefully curated recipes for optimal rejuvenation and digestible breast milk. Ensure your healthy recovery and get your copy TODAY!