Easy Shortbread Recipe for your Postpartum Diet
Guest Post provided by Bella Cupcake Couture
Much like pregnancy, postpartum also requires proper care and diet to ensure the mother’s wellness after birth. The concept of Ayurveda aims to provide a comprehensive guideline for new mothers to follow a lifestyle that is believed to restore the balance of energies present within your postpartum body.
Receive your FREE Postnatal Healing Recipes eBook now!
Ensure a strong recovery and breast milk supply with this transformative cookbook!
~VEGETARIAN & GLUTEN-FREE~
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Postpartum Shortbread Recipe
Shortbread is a popular Scottish pastry and tastes great when paired with hot tea. This type of biscuit features a buttery, crumbly texture and is also not too sweet. Here is a really easy recipe for shortbread, that also is conducive to healing after birth. Enjoy!
Easy Shortbread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2/3 cup organic unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and the confectioner's sugar.
- With a pastry cutter, blend and cut the butter with the dry ingredients until it has a notable coarse texture.
- Take the dough into your hands and gently knead it into a ball. Using your hands will help melt the butter further.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough until nice and flat until your desired thickness is achieved.
- With a cookie cutter, cut the dough to your desired shapes. Gather the excess into a ball and repeat the previous step to get the most out of it.
- Bake the shortbread biscuits in the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before serving.
- For lemon-flavored shortbread, add the zest of one lemon along with the mixture of dry ingredients.
- For almond shortbread, pour a couple of drops of almond extract as you prepare the dough in the pastry blender.
Want more baking hacks and tips? The best all purpose whisk? The pro bakers from Bella Cupcake Couture are happy to help you out. Go to www.bellacupcakecouture.com.
Know someone who needs this recipe? SHARE it with them now!
Mama's Menu: Ayurvedic Recipes For Postpartum Healing
I invite your questions and comments
Receive your FREE Postpartum Planner eBook now!
This free eBook contains all of the essential information you need to have a naturally vital postpartum recovery. Learn how to give baby massage, heal your body with foods & spices and much more!
I made these yesterday and they are so easy to make. Best of all they are so tasty!! My husband discovered them after I had gone to bed and he loved them too!
Can i use gluten free flour for this?